Official Language: French
There is a reason why France is the world’s greatest travel destination – it’s not only the Eiffel Tower, or “la haute cuisine”, but also its intangible beauty.
Official Language: French
Admired the world over for its impeccable taste and effortless style, France celebrates beauty and sophistication. France delights and impresses with the elegant beauty of its Châteaux, picturesque landscape, beautiful cities, manicured country roads and charming villages, historic cathedrals, wineries and vineyards. This is the country that taught the world about “joie de vivre” and “savoir-faire”, about high culture and “haute couture”. France has everything a discerning traveler could wish for. Home to some of the greatest treasures on the UNESCO list of world heritage sights in Europe, France is among the world’s most popular destinations.
Paris is a city that has a lot to offer, world-renowned museums, historical sites, great shopping, and wonderful restaurants that you could easily spend a whole week discovering. But France is not just Paris. Every region of France comes with its own distinctive food and culture. From the quaintest of fishing villages in Brittany that specialize in seafood and “crêpes”, to the cozy chalets dotted around the French Alps, where hearty cheese-based fondues and “charcuterie” are the indulgences of every day. Savor it all, and take gratification from the irresistible charms that France has to offer.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOURNEY TO FRANCE
France is the largest country in Western Europe. With so much to see, so much history, it can be a hard task for visitors to decide what to see and where to go. With my personalized travel services I will help you sort out the endless discovery possibilities that France offers. On your customized private tour of France, you can enjoy the best that France has to offer from Paris, the chateaux of the Loire Valley, the lavender fields of Provence, the Mediterranean Riviera to the moving historic sites like Normandy’s D-Day landing beaches. Whether you are a first time traveler to France seeking a personalized introduction or a seasoned visitor with a specific idea in mind, I can design a custom tour package to France for you.
As your dedicated tour manager or driver/guide, I will introduce you to the remarkable French cuisine by taking you to the best local markets, wineries that produce the best French wines and exclusive culinary experiences. Best of all, you will be delighted on how warm and accessible France is when you are in the company of your tour manager and local expert guides; getting an insider’s view of the country you will easily slip into La Vie Francaise!
WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN FRANCE
You have many options. Here are some of the highlights you could choose to include in your customized private tour with me:
- Be inspired and moved at the sight of monuments and cemeteries that pay tribute to the courage of the WWII Allied armies in one of my Normandy tours
- Visit the Brittany Coast with seaside resorts, fresh oysters and medieval ramparts
- Discover the mind-blowing glacial panorama atop Aiguille du Midi, and take a cable car ride from the mountaineering mecca of Chamonix or Mont Blanc in the French Alps
- See the peaceful water lilies that inspired Claude Monet at his home in Giverny
- Take one of my wine tours of France, in Champagne, Burgundy and Bordeaux with world-ranked vineyards not to mention the delicious cuisine and picturesque villages
- Visit Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer , and ride a white horse with a French cowboy (called a “gardian”) in the Camargue, Europe’s largest river delta
- Take a tour of Marseille, and slurp up a bowl of bouillabaisse
- See the 17,000-year-old cave art paintings during a Lascaux cave tour
- Visit Mont Saint-Michel and admire the gorgeous Benedictine abbey
- Stroll along the ramparts of the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Smell French perfumes during a tour of Grasse
- See the ruins of an ancient Roman amphitheater in Nimes
- Gaze upon the beautiful vaulted ceilings on one of my Chartres Cathedral tours
- Walk through the Verdon Gorge, the Grand Canyon of France
- Walk in the footsteps of French royalty at a Chateau in the Loire Valley, like Château de Chambord
- Explore one of the world’s greatest collections of impressionist fine art paintings at the Orsay Museum in Paris, located in a former train station
- Feast on pâté, sausages, and other local products at a traditional bouchon in Lyon, the unofficial foodie capital of France
- Stroll through Annecy, one of the prettiest towns in the French Alps
- Take one of my French Riviera tours and visit the cities of Marseille, Nice and Montpellier
- Experience French Basque culture on a Biarritz tour, located on the French-Spanish border
- Check out the city of Strasbourg, which shares both French and German cultural heritage and serves as the seat of the European Parliament
- Take a wine tour in Alsace, one of France’ s premier wine regions, discovering story book villages, half-timbered houses and hilltop castles
- Follow the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh and stay in the exceedingly charming city of Arles where he created some of his most amazing fine art paintings
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT FRANCE
France, particularly the cities, can be enjoyed all year round, but the country is at its best in the spring (April–May), summer (June–August) and autumn (September–October). Overall, France enjoys mild temperatures, but regional variations include a Mediterranean climate in the south and wetter weather in the north near the English Channel. In August most of the country closes down to chase the sunshine in the south. If Paris is on your mind, winter is one of our preferred times to explore the City of Lights, as the crowds are fewer yet the restaurants are still lively with locals.
FOOD & DRINK
France is highly regarded for its cuisine which has influenced cooking styles around the world. France is home to over 300 varieties of cheese, the most well-known being Camembert, Brie and Roquefort. Paired with these could be any one of over 400 wines that France is known for producing, such as Sauvignon blanc, made in the Loire Valley, Burgundy Pinot noir, a Merlot or Cabernet sauvignon from Dordogne, or a Champagne of course. In the morning, though, nothing quite compares to sitting in a cafe with a cup of coffee and a croissant, “pain au chocolat”, or any other quintessential French staples.
PRIVATE TOUR IDEAS
Look through my selection of personally crafted private tour itineraries to France, showcasing the best of France. Treat these Tour Ideas as inspiration, because your trip will be customized just for you. Possibilities are endless, as unique as you and your group. Whether you’re a foodie looking to venture off the beaten path or a first-timer aiming to soak up the highlights, a rich, authentic vacation is at your fingertips. Next, see my tour planning process.
With your dedicated Tour Manager you will have insider access to the French way of life while they care of every detail on the ground. For those who prefer more independence while traveling, our private trips still offer a full service travel experience with expert planning, on-the-ground support and private guided tours.