One of the many examples of what Audrey at Travels with Audrey can do for you in Italy. All tours are custom-designed and private. Contact me today to find out how you can have the Trip of a Lifetime in Italy or any of the countries I specialize in, in Europe. This post is about a customized private tour for Timothy and Janet from Seattle, Washington, with myself, Audrey, as their driver-guide.
Tim and Janet wished for me to create an itinerary unlike anyone else’s, which is my specialty, and so I did! It was wonderful to be able to share and show them the Italy that few get to see and experience as well as a few must-see sites they had on their wish list.
Regions visited on this itinerary: LAZIO, UMBRIA, TUSCANY, LIGURIA, PIEMONTE
-3 nights in Rome, hotel near Pantheon with private guided tours of the Roman Forum, Colosseum and the Vatican
-1 night near Orvieto
-2 nights near Assisi
-1 night in the Maremma near Bolgheri in an “agriturismo”
-2 nights in a historic castle in Sestri Levante on the Italian Riviera
-3 nights near Alba in Piemonte on a hazelnut Cascina
Here is a list of places visited and exclusive experiences:
- Etruscan Necropolis at Cerveteri
- Pitigliano tuffa town in the Maremma of Tuscany
- 5 course dinner paired with wine tasting near Orvieto
- Civita di Bagnoregio, Assisi, Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Full day exclusive truffle hunting day in the hills of Umbria followed by a visit to Montefalco located in the center of Umbrian wine country – below is the video of their truffle hunting experience
- Abbey of San Galgano
- Exclusive wine tasting in the Maremma of Tuscany near Bolgheri
- Sestri Levante, Cinque Terre and Portovenere
- Piemonte with its 3 premier wine regions of Italy, Langhe, Roero and Monferrat (Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Arneis, Asti Spumante exclusive wine tastings)
- Culinary delights in each region including olive oil tasting and raw meat paired with wine tasting (a Piemonte specialty)
- Market day in Alba, Piemonte (Birth of Slow Food movement)
- Visits to the towns of La Morra, Serralunga d’Alba and its castle, Barolo, Diano d’Alba
Click here to see what Tim and Janet had to say about entrusting their vacation plans with Audrey.
To learn more about this itinerary to book for your very own private tour contact me.