Treasures of Northwest France Overview
Enjoy a journey through some of Northern France's most iconic regions. Admired the world over for its impeccable taste and effortless style, France celebrates beauty, sophistication and style. From elegant chateaux and grand boulevards to manicured country roads and charming villages; fairy-tale castles, thousand-year-old cathedrals, and even older vineyards. This is the country that taught the world about" joie de vivre" and "savoir-faire", about high culture and "haute couture". France has everything a discerning traveler could wish for.
Home to some of the greatest treasures and Unesco World Heritage sights in Europe, France has been the world’s most popular destination with Italy for over 20 years. Begin your vacation in the magical city of lights. This tour takes in the Northwest of France, rich in military history, culture, cuisine and fine wines, magnificent architecture, breath taking scenery and stunning châteaux.
Visit the Normandy Beaches to see first hand where events of WWII unfolded and meander along narrow cobbled lanes in medieval towns. A visit to the unspoiled area of Brittany should be on everyone’s bucket list. The countryside is breathtaking and the area is known for its seafood and wonderful dishes, from the famous "galette" buckwheat pancake to ciders, local cheeses and to its towns like Saint-Malo. Then onto discover the Loire Valley, renowned for its magnificent chateaux, historic villages, wonderful food and local wine. We invite you to come along with us to experience great cuisine, wonderful people and authentic France with us.
- Visit one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Paris
- Move beyond France’s signature cities and stay in the picturesque countryside regions
- Travel at a leisurely pace along some of the back roads of Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley
- Visit soul stirring D Day beaches and important WWII sights
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences from wine tastings in the Loire Valley, to culinary delights (Calvados and Cider tasting, Cheese tour and tasting, Cointreau tasting and museum); feast on oysters in Cancale
- Relax in a street side cafe in picturesque Saint-Malo
- Discover charming historical towns like Dinan, Chinon, Bayeux, Cancale, Montsoreau, Candes-St-Martin
- Visit some of the most beautiful historical Chateaux of France, Azay-le-Rideau, Villandry, Chenonceau
The Beauty You Will Experience: Paris, Normandy, Brittany, Loire Valley...
- Private transportation during tour (Air-conditioned vans)
- Train from Paris to Bayeux (Comfort class)
- Private Transfer on arrival in Paris (shared with our other tour guests)
- 12 nights in hand-picked 3 or 4 star accommodation including breakfast (3 nights in Paris, 3 nights in Bayeux, 2 nights in Saint -Malo, 4 nights in Chinon) (standard rooms, suites available at an extra cost)
- Meals: all breakfasts, 1 lunch in Loire Valley (no drinks), 4 dinners (included meals are shown on itinerary B-L-D) 1 in Paris, 1 in Bayeux, 1 in Saint-Malo, 1 in Loire Valley. Beverages included water, soft drinks, coffee and wine with some meals (choice of red or white). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
- Local English speaking expert tour guides in Paris ½ day, WWII full day, Mont Saint Michel (2:30), Chateaux’s in Loire Valley
- Included Entrance fees: Skip the line entrance at the Louvre; Mont Saint Michel, Chateau Azay-le-Rideau, Chateau Chenonceau, Chateau Villandry
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences from wine tastings in the Loire Valley, to culinary delights (Calvados and Cider tasting, Cheese tasting and tour, Cointreau tasting and museum)
- Private full time expert Tour Manager (driver/guide)
- Free time for you to choose your own optional experiences; perhaps a cooking class, or a hot air balloon ride? (options are available at an added cost)
- Gratuities for drivers and restaurant staff at included meals
- Customer Loyalty Reward: receive a $200.00 credit towards any future vacations you take with Travels with Audrey
- Treasures of Northwest France Itinerary
Click here to download a PDF containing the full, day-by-day itinerary and complete details for what is and is not included in the Treasures of Northwest France Tour.
Tour Price: $5,590 (minimum 4 guests)
USA based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies to anyone traveling alone. Triple/family rooms are possible, but sometimes not available. Prices will be calculated accordingly. Tour starts in Paris and ends in Tours (Loire Valley). This is a unique escorted small group tour of 13 days/12 nights, limited to only 6 or less guests. Click here to download a detailed itinerary and complete details about what is and is not included in the price.