Italy's Northwest Gems Overview
This upscale and small Italy tour showcases Italy’s fantastic food and wine, cultural and historical wealth in some of its most beautiful regions. Taking you deep into the scenery and gastronomy of Italy’s Piedmont region, famous for its antipasti, amaretti and wines, the stunning Aosta Valley, the beautiful Cinque Terre and Portofino, this trip is a feast for all the senses. The region of Piedmont has Italy's most prestigious red wine tradition and is home to the noble Nebbiolo grape, which is transformed into complex and age-worthy Barolo, dubbed "the king of wines and the wine of kings". UNESCO has awarded this area of Piedmont, World Heritage Status, specifically for the beautiful Vineyard Landscapes of Monferrato, Langhe and Roero.
Italy continues to inspire visitors year after year and this tour has been carefully crafted to include major must-see attractions, while taking you to some of the lesser-known hidden gems of this fascinating country. Experience the delights and the real dolce vita in Val d’Aosta, Liguria and Piedmont. Join me in visiting our favourite foodie locations in these beautiful regions – home of some of the finest produce in Italy including truffles, creamy cheeses, Barolo wine, hazelnuts, chocolates and extra virgin olive oil.
Book this Italy tour for an inspiring introduction to the best of Northwest Italy, not only for its museums, cities and monuments but also its fantastic food, wine, culture and people.
- Explore the elegant historical city of Torino (Turin) with its sweeping boulevards, elegant hunting lodges and pleasure palaces of this aristocratic city
- Travel up to the roofs of the Alps, Mont Blanc the highest peak in the Alps, in the region of Aosta
- Visit Fenis Castle, one of the most famous medieval castles in the Valley of Aosta
- Move beyond Italy’s signature cities and stay in countryside accommodations
- Enjoy the many culinary delights this part of Italy has to offer, from visiting a nougat and chocolate factory in Piedmont, to wine tour and tastings in some of the most renowned wine regions of Italy (Wines: Barolo, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Spumante, Dolcetto, Barbaresco, White Arneis, Chardonnay and Alpine wines)
- Savoring the effervescent and local Spumante wines of Asti
- Enjoy a group Risotto cooking class in Vercelli, the rice region of Italy
- Visit small off the beaten path picturesque villages in the Langhe area (Asti, Alba, Bra, La Morra, Barolo), visit the Barolo wine museum, walk through vineyards, meet a truffle hunter “trifulau” who will show you how to find the sought after ingredient (late fall tours only)
- Watch the famous horse race, Palio, in Asti (on September tours only) a race that has taken place since the 13th century; people watch and admire the beautiful costumes
- Explore fascinating Unesco World Heritage site, Cinque Terre with its 5 exquisite villages on the Ligurian coast
- Visit the picturesque villages of Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure
- Walk in the footsteps of some of history's greatest armies, Hannibal, Augustus and Napoleon who all marched through the Alps in the Aosta Valley
- Taste the region's famous mushrooms, truffles and sample the rich French influenced cuisine of Piemonte
The Beauty You Will Experience: Piemonte, Aosta, Langhe and Cinque Terre...
- Private transportation while on tour (air conditioned vans) or mini buses
- Train tickets and ferry tickets for Cinque Terre
- 12 nights in hand-picked 3 or 4 star accommodation including breakfast (3 nights Turin, 2 nights Aosta, 4 nights in the Langhe, 2 nights Cinque Terre) standard rooms, suites available at an extra cost
- Entrance Fees: Royal Palace in Turin, Basilica di Superga, Royal Palace and Venaria Reale Royal Residence in Turin, Castello Fenis, Gondola ride up to Helbronner, Tenuta Colombara and wine museum in Barolo
- Meals: all breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners (1 Turin, 2 Aosta, 2 Langhe, 2 Cinque Terre) (included meals are shown on the itinerary as B-L-D). Beverages included water, soft drinks, coffee and wine with some meals (choice of red or white). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences including wine tastings (Barolo, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Spumante, Alpine wines), culinary tastings, risotto cooking class, visit a chocolate and nougat factory
- Free time for you to choose your own optional experiences(options are available at an added cost)
- Private full time expert Tour Manager (driver/guide)
- Private walking tour with English speaking local expert tour guide in Turin
- Orientations of La Morra, Asti, Alba, Bra, Aosta, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Santa Margherita Ligure
- Palio tickets in Asti or Truffle hunting in the Langhe (depending on tour dates)
- Gratuities for drivers and restaurant staff at included meals
- Customer Loyalty Reward: receive a $200.00 credit towards any future vacations you take with Travels with Audrey
- Italy's Northwest Gems Itinerary and Tour Details
Click here to download a PDF containing the full, day-by-day itinerary and complete details for what is and is not included in Italy's Northwest Gems Tour.
Tour Price: $4,650 (minimum 4 guests)
USA based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies to anyone traveling alone. Triple/family rooms are possible, but sometimes not available. Prices will be calculated accordingly. Tour starts in Turin (Torino) and ends in Cinque Terre (Sestri Levante). This is a unique escorted small group tour of 12 days/11 nights, limited to 6 or less guests. Click here to download a detailed itinerary and complete details about what is and is not included in the price.