Italia Il Bel Paese Overview
In Goethe's classic Italian Journey, he calls Italy the "garden of Europe." The beauty of the landscape is just the beginning of what Italy has to offer the visitor. From the cafés that line its elegant piazzas to the scenic Alps, magnificent seas and unrivaled architecture and historical sights, there are activities for every interest in Italy. And when you’re done sightseeing, Italy’s shopping is world class and its cuisine nothing short of legendary.
Italy, “Il bel paese” (beautiful country-how Italians refer to their country) is one of Europe’s great seducers. Blessed with an unparalleled cultural heritage, food that is imitated the world over and a landscape that combines alpine peaks, stunning coastlines and remote wilderness, it’s been beguiling travelers for centuries. Italy is truly a country which takes your breath away as you visit the historic sites, savor local Italian food and wine, enjoy private guided tours in Rome, Naples, Herculaneum, Florence and Venice, engage in the experiences that make Italy so very special and unique.
Topping the Unesco charts with 51 world heritage sites, Italy offers the full gamut, ranging from historic city centres and man-made masterpieces to snow-capped mountains and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
This vacation from Rome, down to Naples and the Amalfi coast, up to Florence and Venice, touches on the country’s unparalleled artistic and architectural legacy, taking in ancient roman ruins, priceless renaissance paintings, and great cathedrals and to cap it all off Venice’s unique canal scape.
With so much to see and experience, this vacation to Italy is sure to take your breath away.
Book this Italy tour for an inspiring introduction to the best of Italy, not only for its museums, cities and monuments but also its fantastic food, wine, culture and people. Are you ready for a wonderful unique small group vacation?
- Savor tasty regional cuisine in specially chosen local authentic trattorias and restaurants
- Wander Sorrento’s bustling streets, lined with craft shops and enjoy breath-taking views of the Gulf of Naples
- Visit the impressive Greek temples of Paestum, dating back to the 6th century BC
- See how Mozzarella di Bufala is made at an organic farm
- Visit the legendary idyllic island of Capri and find serenity on the chair lift from Ana Capri for fantastic vistas
- Visit Herculaneum a superbly conserved Roman fishing town to relive ancient history
- Enjoy the awe inspiring views on the Amalfi coast road and visit the inspiring coastal villages along the Costiera, including Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
- Enjoy a private walking tour of the oldest city in Europe, Naples
- Walk through Rome’s amazing sites with an expert local guide in Rome with skip the line access to step back in time while visiting the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Visit the Vatican museums, the impressive Saint Peter’s basilica, Sistine chapel with your own private guide and skip the line access
- Visit Civita di Bagnoregio, the jewel on the hill-this stunning little gem has escaped the modern age mostly because of topography
- See Florence’s Renaissance masterpieces at the impressive Galleria dell’ Accademia (first art school of Europe) featuring Michaelangelo’s David up close and personal with your own private guide-Florence a true art lover’s dream
- Enjoy orientation walks by your tour manager: Sorrento, Capri, Rome (Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona), Orvieto, Civita di Bagnoregio, Florence, Venice
- Visit one of the most magical and romantic cities in the world, Venice and marvel at the 11th century mosaics of St Mark’s Basilica, wind your way through the ancient romantic waterways of Venice perhaps on a Gondola
- Enjoy a private boat ride to the Island of Murano with a visit to a traditional glass blowing factory followed by a visit to the islands of Burano and Torcello
The Beauty You Will Experience: Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi coast, Rome, Florence and Venice...
- Private transportation while on tour (air conditioned vans) or mini buses
- Train tickets while on tour (Naples to Rome, Florence to Venice)
- Private transfer upon arrival in Naples to your hotel in Sorrento
- Private transfers from hotel to Vatican city and back to hotel
- Private walking tours with English speaking local experts of Naples, Herculaneum, Paestum, Rome, Vatican city, Florence and Venice (whisper sets included in Rome, Florence and Venice)
- Full day Amafli Coast Highway guided tour including visits to Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello
- Full day guided tour to Paestum and mozzarella farm visit
- Taxi and ferry tickets for the island of Capri with tour manager
- 13 nights in hand-picked classic accommodations with private bath or shower, including daily Breakfast with tea and coffee (4 in Sorrento, 3 in Rome, 3 in Florence, 3 in Venice) standard rooms, suites available at an extra cost
- Preferred access tickets to Colosseum, Roman Forum, St Peter’s basilica, Vatican museums and Sistine chapel, Accademia gallery in Florence, The Doge Palace and Basilica San Marco in Venice (Enjoy included admission to Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana at your leisure) entrance fees to Paestum, Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- Half day private boat excursion to the islands of the lagoon (Murano with visit to glass blowing factory, Burano, Torcello)
- Wine tasting in the Umbria/Tuscany regions
- Meals: all breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners (1 in Sorrento, 1 in Rome, 1 in Florence, 1 in Venice) included meals are shown on the itinerary as B-L-D. Beverages include water, coffee and with some meals with wine included (choice of red or white). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
- Free time for you to choose your own optional experiences (options are available at an added cost)
- Private full time expert Tour Manager (driver/guide)
- Gratuities for drivers and restaurant staff at included meals
- Customer Loyalty Reward: receive a $200.00 credit towards any future vacations you take with Travels with Audrey
- Italia Il Bel Paese Itinerary and Tour Details
Click here to download a PDF containing the full, day-by-day itinerary and complete details for what is and is not included in Italia Il Bel Paese Tour.
Tour Price: $4,390 (minimum 6 guests)
USA based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies to anyone traveling alone. Triple/family rooms are possible, but sometimes not available. Prices will be calculated accordingly. Tour starts in Naples and ends in Venice. Your arrival and departure airports are: Nápoli (Naples)/Capodichino International Airport (NAP) and Venice is Marco Polo Airport (VCE). Click here to download a detailed itinerary and what is and is not included in the price.