Important Information Before You Go
All Travels with Audrey personalized escorted tours, customized or pre-packaged, are crafted and personally led by the owner, Audrey, unless otherwise specified. Audrey works closely with in-country associates to ensure the highest quality, authenticity and client comfort in all of the tours offered. Audrey believes that a vacation of lifetime deserves her personal attention. The journeys contribute to the countries and people who are our gracious hosts.
Travels with Audrey will accommodate groups of 12 guests or less. All pre-packaged tours are priced for groups composed of 6-12 guests for a highly personalized experience. Some tour packages are priced on a minimum of 4 guests. Smaller groups of guests may incur increased costs. Travels with Audrey will explain such costs to the Guests well in advance of the tour. Personalized tour packages (customized) are priced based the client's specific wishes.
Before signing up please note the following:
Travels with Audrey RECOMMENDS YOU BOOK EARLY Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique personalized and pre-packaged escorted tours of 12 or less guests. This is due to popularity, capacity of unique accommodations, and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Hotels are booked based on availability at time of booking. If a specific hotel is not available, a similar quality or location will be chosen. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour (after receipt of full payment) and will be available in your pre-tour documents mailed to you within 30 days prior to your tour. Book early!
- Tours are developed as a package. Pricing is determined by the number of guests on tour, choice of accommodations, meals, planned activities, local ground transportation, length of stay and additional options chosen
- Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations with private baths, local ground transportation, entertainment, special dinners/lunches, sightseeing, admissions, local expert guides, exclusive culinary experiences, and tour manager or driver/guide all included as specified in the itinerary
- Travels with Audrey has hand-picked an extensive portfolio of quality properties across Europe and to ensure the very best experience on each of our tours hotels may vary to those listed in the itinerary. The earlier a tour is reserved the better the chances of having the ones listed
- Two-bedded rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples are usually two-bedded rooms plus a roll-away cot and not recommended for comfort. Some properties offer 1 double and 1 single bed, or 1 double and 1 pull out sofa
- The hotel staff assign rooms to guests, some rooms may include stairs. A view is not guaranteed. Rooms differ in size and layout; in general, Italian and French rooms are smaller compared to US standards. Each room has its own en-suite bathroom with shower and/or tub, hair-dryer, and toiletries
- The first day on tour is your arrival day into the city in which we meet. So you would be flying the day before from the United States or Canada if you are not taking the option of spending a few days on location prior to start of tour. It is your responsibility to get to the city and hotel where the tour begins. When making flight arrangements, please allow sufficient time to claim luggage and clear customs in order to join the tour on time. For all recommended pre-designed tour packages, we meet for our first orientation walk of the tour at 3:00PM on tour start date in the hotel lobby. The tour ends when you check out of the Hotel on your last day on tour
Note: Please make note or inquire with us as to the meeting time on that first day on tour. This should be done prior to you making any flight or train bookings so that it is clearly understood that the arrangements will fit in with our times. Your train or flight should arrive between 09:00AM and 12:00PM-noon (no later) on Day 1 of the tour to allow you enough time to check in to your hotel, freshen up and meet for the orientation walk with our other group guests
- The last day of the tour is your departure day, on which you have booked a return flight home
- An email with your pre-tour information, which consists of travel tips for your destination, will be sent to you approximately 60 days before the start of the trip (please make sure we have your current email address) and for independent vacations your tour documents, vouchers and detailed itinerary will be sent within 30 days prior to your vacation start
- Add extra nights before or after your tour and extend your stay. Contact us for a quote on additional nights (subject to availability)
- Adding transfers on arrival or departure, please contact us for a quote. If booking an arrival transfer, your tour manager will be waiting for you at the airport, outside the baggage hall.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the required documents for travel. Please check with your own government agency as to the requirements
- Mobility: All of our tours involve walking and require our guests to board and disembark our vehicles several times a day making this tour unsuitable for those with reduced mobility. You must be able to walk up and down hills, on uneven surfaces and stand for extended periods of time. Please see Terms and Conditions for more information
- Itinerary Changes and Price Flexibility: We pledge to make every effort to operate all pre-designed tours as advertised. We reserve the right to alter or curtail the itinerary, or substitute sightseeing, hotels, and/or transportation as deemed necessary
- Holiday and Museum Closures: Museum visits and personal shopping time may be disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances or the many state, religious and civic holidays locally observed
- Air Conditioning: Hotels and mini-buses/vans used are air-conditioned for your comfort. European air conditioning should be considered as a climate-control system; most have three settings for the fan, plus a "cool" setting. Very few of the European systems actually have a temperature setting. In general, the amount of cool air that is produced from a European air conditioning system may be less than what you may have in your own home. Some hotels in Europe do not operate their air conditioning systems on a year round basis, but only during certain months of the year
- Currency and Exchange Rates: The Euro (EUR) is the official currency in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Germany. Currency can be exchanged at banks, exchange bureaus and at most of the hotels listed on your itinerary, though you will get a better exchange rate at the banks. Major credit cards are widely accepted. Travelers’ checks are less accepted, especially by local merchants; expect to pay a fee for using travelers’ checks. Foreign currency is not accepted.
- To obtain the most current exchange rates for all national currencies, you may want to check your local newspaper or log on to the website, oanda.com, by clicking here
- Your Credit and Other Bank Cards Abroad Before your departure, we recommend you contact your bank before departing on your vacation to inform them of your travel plans to ensure that your ATM, credit and debit cards will work and continue to work while you are abroad. The banks have automated security measures in place that flag transactions outside your normal spending patterns. Failure to do so may result in a temporary freeze being placed on your account
- VAT: Many countries levy Value Added Taxes (VAT) on consumer goods and services. (The tax rate may be higher for luxury items and lower for basic goods.) As a rule, if you are not a resident of the country (or of the country’s intergovernmental economic community, e.g., the European Union) in which the purchase is made, you may be entitled to a VAT refund and should inquire about the refund policy where you shop.
- Electrical Current: The electrical current in France, Italy and Spain is 220 V, 50 Hz, AC. If your electrical devices do not conform to this standard, you may need to bring the appropriate converters and adapters.
- Prepare for Your Trip – Get in Shape European travel in general involves a lot of walking, much more than we are used to in the US. Most of our tours include city walking tours, visits to hilltop towns and villages, and meandering through cobbled streets. Keeping active and incorporating long walks into your busy schedule in the weeks before your departure will make your vacation much more rewarding
- Don’t Overpack A challenge even for some experienced travelers! Wash or dry clean some clothes during your travel. Some hotels and villas we choose offer laundry and dry cleaning services and towns and cities have laundry mats. Most also provide hair dryers. Toiletries and cosmetics can also be purchased at your destinations. Please check our Terms and Conditions for luggage restrictions. Please contact us if you need some assistance
- NO SMOKING: Sorry but there will be no-smoking allowed in the vehicle or during guided tours. Italy, France and Spain have banned smoking in all public buildings, including hotels and restaurants (enclosed spaces only, with the exception of sitting outdoors while eating). Some hotels may be able to provide smoking rooms if necessary. You will need to let us know ahead of time
- The purchase of TRAVEL INSURANCE is strongly recommended. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information
- All mentioned prices include taxes
- For Cancellation policies please see our Terms and Conditions
- Note: All prices are subject to change until tour has been paid in full. Prices and itineraries are subject to change: Please bear in mind that each pre-packaged itinerary showcased on the website represents a typical itinerary, and the actual details may vary due to season and special events. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary since tour arrangements are made up to a year in advance, and unforeseen circumstances that mandate change may arise. Itinerary changes are also made to improve the tour and your experience. Prices are subject to change with global exchange rates. Please be aware that equivalent dollar costs are based on exchange rates and are contingent upon a fluctuating currency market.
- All quoted prices are subject to changes based on Euro dollar/US dollar exchange rate, until balance is paid. Once the final balance has been paid, the price is locked, regardless of exchange fluctuations prior to the Tour taking place. Variations in price will be made only if Euro value increases 5% or more from the time of reservation to the time that balance is due. Any variations in price, which may or may not increase your balance, will be communicated by email.
What is not included in a pre-packaged escorted tour
- Airfares are not included in the tour price
- Transfers to and from tour starting/ending locations unless otherwise specified
- Tour guides gratuity is at your discretion
- Pre and Post tour accommodations on recommended pre-designed tour packages
- Lunches unless otherwise stated, social drinks, meals on free nights, items of a personal nature (i.e. laundry, phone calls), airline charges, vaccinations, visa fees, airport and departure taxes and entrance fees when not listed in the itinerary
- Incidental expenses, such as room service incurred at hotels. All expenses are to be settled prior to leaving the accommodation
- Any shipping charges for the return purchases made on tour, or for the return of property lost on tour
- Unless otherwise listed in the inclusions, transfers are not included in the tour price. Please let us know if you would like to add transfers to your tour package (if so, please schedule your flight arrival time between 9:00AM and 12:00PM in order to be scheduled for pick up)