France La Belle Overview
From the Arc de Triomphe in Paris to Provence’s Roman ruins, France is a must see destination. This is a tour designed for those who appreciate French wine, food or simply would like to discover more of France’s regions; appreciate fragrant whites of Chablis, discover the beautiful landscapes of the famed wine route of Burgundy, one of France’s most important wine regions. Guests will see charming medieval towns and Unesco World Heritage sites. A visit to Southern France is not complete without exploring the Provencal landscapes that inspired Van Gogh, where olive groves, cypress trees and flowers the color of the rainbow greet you.
Discover the charms of Provence, the magical land of sleepy towns, more culinary delights, the scent of Lavender and Thyme, Roman and Gaul history, and the most beautiful blue Mediterranean sea in the Calanques. Provence is famed for its abundant locally-grown produce, wonderful cheese, world-class wines and traditional artisanal recipes. There is a reason why so many artists like Renoir, Chagall, Cezanne, Van Gogh and Picasso were drawn to this area.
This tour takes in the very best of the regions of Burgundy and Provence. This tour has it all!
- Visit one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Paris
- Travel at a leisurely pace along some of the back roads of Burgundy and Provence
- Move beyond France’s signature cities and stay in the picturesque countryside regions
- Hand-picked Exclusive Experiences: private wine tastings in some of the world’s most famous wine regions, Chablis, Burgundy, and Provence area; Unique visit of a small candy factory in the Burgundy region; Moutarderie in Beaune visit and tasting of the famous local mustard
- Dine in a traditional Bouchon Lyonnais in Lyon and visit Lyon’s Basilica Notre Dame de Fourviere
- Discover charming historical towns in the Burgundy area like Vezelay with its Unesco World Heritage site, Semur-en-Auxois, Flavigny-sur-Ozerain where the movie Chocolat was filmed
- Discover charming historical villages in the Luberon Provence area, Gordes with its château museum, Roussillon with a walk on the Ochre trails, perched village of Les Baux de Provence with its château ruins
- Visit to Les Carrieres de Lumieres sound and light show
- Discover Provence with its historical and culinary treasures, follow in the footsteps of important artists like Cezanne and Van Gogh
- Visit the cities of Arles, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence with local expert guides
- Visit Pond du Gard, the Roman aquaduct; Van Gogh’s hospital and 13th century Cloister St Paul de Mausole; Paul Cezanne’s atelier; Roman city of Glanum
- Visit a local farm in Provence and learn about truffle hunting and olive oil (on fall tours we get to stomp grapes)
- Gaze at the most beautiful aquamarine colored sea in Calanques on a private boat tour
The Beauty You Will Experience: Paris, Burgundy, Lyon, Provence..
- All transportation while on tour (air-conditioned vans)
- Trains when applicable (TGV Lyon-Avignon Premier class and train tickets from Paris to Auxerre in comfort class)
- Private Transfer on arrival in Paris (shared with our other tour guests)
- 13 nights in hand-picked 3 or 4 star accommodation including Breakfast (2 in Paris, 1 in Chablis area, 2 nights in Beaune, 1 night in Lyon, 6 nights in Provence) Standard rooms, suites available at an extra cost
- Meals: all breakfasts, 5 dinners (included meals are shown on the itinerary as B-L-D) 1 in Paris, 1 in Chablis area,1 in Beaune, 2 in Provence. Beverages included water, soft drinks, coffee and wine with some meals (choice of red or white). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
- Included Entrance fees: Louvre in Paris, Vezelay Abbey, Chateau de Bussy-Rabutin, Hospice de Beaune, Moutarderie, Pope’s palace and Pont Benezet in Avignon, Carrieres de Lumieres in Les Baux, Roman amphitheater and theatre, Roman city of Glanum, Paul Cezanne’s atelier, Saint Paul de Mausole, Pond du Gard
- Hand-picked Exclusive Experiences, private wine tastings in some of the world’s most famous wine regions, Chablis, Burgundy and Provence area; visit a truffle and olive oil farm; small candy factory in Flavigny-sur-Ozerain
- Free time for you to choose your own optional experiences; perhaps a cooking class or a wine course? (options are available at an added cost)
- Private full time expert Tour Manager (driver/guide)
- Local English speaking expert guides in Paris, Avignon (3 hours), Arles (3 hours) and Aix en Provence (3 hours) (timings can vary between 3 to 4 hours for a private walking tour)
- Private boat tour in the Calanques
- Gratuities for drivers and restaurant staff at included meals
- Customer Loyalty Reward: Receive a $200.00 credit towards any future vacations you take with Travels with Audrey
- France La Belle Itinerary and Tour Details
Click here to download a PDF containing the full, day-by-day itinerary and complete details for what is and is not included in the France La Belle Tour.
Tour Price: $6,990 (minimum 4 guests)
USA based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies to anyone traveling alone. Triple/family rooms are possible, but sometimes not available. Prices will be calculated accordingly. Tour Starts in Paris and ends in Aix en Provence (Marseilles closest airport) or Nice if adding a post tour to the French Riviera. This is a unique escorted small group tour of 14 days/13 nights, limited to 6 guests or less. Click here to download a detailed itinerary and complete details about what is and is not included in the price.