Beating Heart of Italy Overview
Indulge your mind, body and soul on a journey into the Cuisine and Culture of Italy, as you explore and discover what makes this part of Italy so hypnotic and sumptuous. Admire the medieval, Renaissance and Palladian architecture of hidden towns such as Vicenza as well as the cities of Verona and Venice. Appreciate the depth and subtleties of the great works of art that abound. Explore art in cathedrals, historic piazzas, and astonishing museums. Savor the Italian “slow foods” philosophy and enjoy meals of delicacies and fine wines.
Italy continues to inspire visitors year after year and this tour has been carefully crafted to include major must-see attractions, while taking you to some of the lesser-known hidden gems of this fascinating country.
The Po Valley with its waving fields of corn and rice paddies hosts some of Italy’s most handsome and prosperous towns. This is a land of legends spun by Virgil, Dante and Shakespeare, where grand dynasties fought for power and patronized some of the finest works of art in the world.
Blessed with an unparalleled cultural heritage, food that is imitated the world over, Italy still today casts a powerful spell. With its superb produce, culinary traditions and world famous wines, Italy is a food lover’s dream destination. Whether it is eating a wood fired pizza, dining alfresco, tasting Amarone in a vineyard, great foodie experiences await at every turn. Enjoy private guided tours in Venice, Bologna, Parma, Vicenza, Verona, and Ravenna, try local Italian produce, taste local wines in Valpolicella and Emilia Romagna. From the Alps north of Lake Garda to the fertile plains of Emilia Romagna, this tour is truly a feast for the senses. Book this Italy tour for an inspiring introduction to the best of Italy, not only for its museums, cities and monuments but also its fantastic food, wine, culture and people.
- Visit one of the most magical and romantic cities in the world, Venice
- Enjoy a private boat ride to the Island of Murano with a visit to a traditional glass factory
- Board your private boat for a ½ day visit of the beautiful islands of Burano and Torcello
- Move beyond Italy’s signature cities and stay in countryside accommodations
- Enjoy Northern Italy with a small group of like-minded travelers of 6 to 12
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences including a cooking lesson in Castelvetro di Modena, a visit to the Ferrari museum with transportation (a drive in a Ferrari optional cost), private tour and wine tastings in the Valpolicella wine region of Italy (Soave, Recioto, Amarone, Ripasso della Valpolicella)
- Culinary delights: a visit and tasting of Aceto Balsamico, Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto maker in Langhirano
- Explore the beautiful historical cities of Verona, Parma, Vicenza and the beauty of Palladian architecture at villas La Rotonda and Villa Valmanara ai Nani
- Savor tasty regional cuisine in specially chosen family owned trattorias and authentic restaurants
- Visit the picturesque villages on Lake Garda, Malcesine and Riva del Garda
- Walk through the picturesque streets of Bologna and its classic culinary meccas
- Discover Ravenna, home of the impressive Christian monuments built in the 4th and 6th centuries AD and last great capital of the Roman Empire
- Visit one of the world’s oldest republics, San Marino
- Visit the medieval fortress of Gradara in Marche
The Beauty You Will Experience: Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Lake Garda, Castelvetro di Modena, Parma, Bologna, Ravenna, Gradara and San Marino...
- Private transportation while on tour (air conditioned vans) and/or train tickets from Venice to Vicenza
- 12 nights in hand-picked 3 or 4 star accommodations including Breakfast (3 in Venice, 3 in a lovely hilltop Relais in the heart of the Valpolicella area, 3 nights in Castevetro di Modena, 3 nights in Ravenna) standard rooms, suites available at an extra cost
- Entrance Fees: Skip the line entrance to The Doge Palace and Basilica in Venice (Enjoy included admission to Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana at your leisure.); Palladian Villa La Rotonda, Villa Valmanara Ai Nani, Parma Cathedral, Bologna (Santo Stefano, San Petronio, Teatro Atomico), Mausoleum Galla Placidia in Ravenna, Gradara Castle
- Half day private boat excursion to the islands of the lagoon (Burano, Torcello)
- Private boat ride and visit to Murano glass factory
- Meals: all breakfasts, 3 lunches, 6 dinners (1 in Venice, 3 in Valpolicella area, 1 in Castevetro di Modena, 1 in Ravenna (included meals are shown on the itinerary as B-L-D). Beverages include water, soft drinks, coffee and wine with some meals (choice of red or white). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not.
- Transfer back to Venice from Ravenna on departure day (arrival transfer in Venice not included but can be added at an extra cost)
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences including a cooking lesson in the Modena area and visit to Ferrari museum with transportation (a drive in a Ferrari optional cost), wine tastings, culinary delights (Visit and tasting of Aceto Balsamico, Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto maker in Langhirano)
- Free time for you to choose your own experiences (options are available at an added cost)
- Private full time expert Tour Manager (driver/guide)
- Private walking tours by Local expert English speaking tour guides in Venice, Verona, Vicenza and Palladian Villas, Parma, Bologna, Ravenna
- Orientations on Lake Garda, San Marino, Gradara, Castelvetro di Modena
- Gratuities for drivers and restaurant staff at included meals
- Customer Loyalty Reward: receive a $200.00 credit towards any future vacations you take with Travels with Audrey
- Beating Heart of Italy Itinerary and Tour Details
Click here to download a PDF of the full, day by day itinerary and complete details for the Beating Heart of Italy Tour.
Tour Price: $4,599
USA based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies to anyone traveling alone. Triple/family rooms are possible, but sometimes not available. Prices will be calculated accordingly. Tour starts in Venice and ends in Ravenna. This is a unique escorted small group tour of 13 days/12 nights, limited to only 6-12 guests. Click here to download a detailed itinerary and complete details about what is and is not included in the price.